Thursday 28 January 2016

Tap Experiment - Mechanical Marvel

To introduce us to Maya we had to look at a picture of a tap, we created a free image plain to create a silhouette of the tap to get a clear look at the tap to make a correct looking model. I used the layer interface to lock the free image plane layer so that I couldn't accidentally move the image plain. Then we create one square polygon and extrude the faces and then we had to use the vertex tool to add definition to the tap to make it look like an actual tap. I also used the insert edge loop tool to make the handles and the base of the tap squarer to the smoothed look of the rest of the tap. I also learned how to texture models, as you see underneath. I also learnt how to change the colour and look of my model, this will help in the future. This helped us get used to the interface and the basic uses of the most important tools that we would be using in future projects. I found this to be very helpful as I had forgot how to use a lot of the important Maya tools. 

                                       



No comments:

Post a Comment